Iverson. Fourth Edition. The best beginning wine book that we have read now in its fourth edition. Includes chapters such as All About Oak, MaloLactic Fermentation, Fermentation Variations, Trouble Shooting, and Concentrate Kits. Also includes descriptions of grape varieties.
The new 4th Edition contains the following updates:
- Improved core advice for fermenting both reds and whites. Expanded discussion of making rosés
- Added section on Enological Tannins and Enzymes
- Updated advice on when to pick
- New handy table for amelioration to lowering Brix pre-fermentation
- New tips and insets
- Updated list of reference and supplier websites (like you need anything other than this one!)