Shipping: Eligible for Free Shipping Program
California - In Stock
Pennsylvania - In Stock
- Free Shipping on orders over $59
Orders over $59 ship free in the
continental United States.
A few products do not qualify for free shipping and are designated with "Does Not Ship Free" in the product detail. Those products are charged actual shipping charges. View Details
- 60-Day no hassle Return Policy
If you are unsatisfied with any item for any reason you can return the product within 60 days and we will refund your purchase price on that item, excluding shipping charges. View Details
- Get it Fast!
For the fast delivery we ship from CA and PA warehouses! You will see exact arrival dates at checkout. View Details
One lean, mean wine analyzing machine. The SC-300 combines the SO2 detection of the SC-100A and the pH/TA analysis of the SC-200 into one power-packed instrument.
It’s built on the same hardware and software as our other two analyzers, so the accuracy is superb. And it’s just as easy to use – The audible buzzer and visual stop light will automatically let you know when you’re tests are done!
Because it does not rely on a color change, the SC-300 eliminates the guesswork in Ripper sulfite tests, especially in red wines!
Why Choose Vinmetrica’s SC-300?
Where else will you find a single, compact instrument that can measure sulfite (SO2), pH and TA (Titratable Acidity) levels throughout the fermentation and aging process? Even in Red Wines!
- SO2: ± 2 ppm Free SO2.
- TA: ± 0.2 g/L Tartaric acid
- pH: better than ± 0.02 pH units
Affordable – About a $1 per test!*
Easy to Use – No mystery solutions, pumps or tubing.
*SO2 (Sulfite) Tests cost approximately 70¢ / Test (the cost of the reagents per test). If you do a combined pH and TA analysis, the cost of reagents for the pH/TA test is approximately $1.12 / Test.
Complete Wine Testing Kit – Includes Everything Needed to Analyze Sulfite (SO2), pH and TA (Titratable Acidity) levels in Your Wines & Musts:
- SO2 reagents
- pH/TA reagents
- Two titration beakers
- Two 5 mL syringes
- Two transfer pipettes
- SO2 electrode
- pH electrode
- 25 mL sampling pipette (for SO2)
- 5 mL sampling pipette (for pH/TA)
- The SC-300 Operating Manual
A Quick Overview – Wine Analysis Procedures with the SC-300:
Easy SO2 Test
- Attach SO2 electrode, press the power button, change to SO2 mode and press enter.
- Draw up 5 mL of titrant into the syringe and place 25 mL of wine in beaker.
- Add ~2 mL of the acidifier and ~2 mL of the reactant to wine.
- Place and hold the SO2 electrode in the wine sample and swirl beaker.
- Add titrant from syringe dropwise until 15 second long endpoint signal reached.
- Multiply the titration volume by 20, the SO2 conversion factor, results in ppm Free SO2.
- Attach the pH electrode, set aside storage solution, rinse with DI water and blot gently with a paper towel.
- Press the power button then press the ‘Mode’ button and switch the SC-200 into ‘Cal’ mode.
- Calibrate using the pH 4 and pH 7 reference standards provided. Put the SC-200 in pH mode.
- Take 5 mL sample of wine, place in a beaker. Take a pH reading.
- For TA test, withdraw 5 mL of the TA Titrant with the syringe.
- Take 5 mL wine sample and add ~15 mL of deionized water.
- Put SC-200 into TA mode, place clean pH electrode gently in solution.
- Add TA Titrant from the syringe dropwise until the endpoint is reached indicated with the visual and audible signals. Record the volume (in mL) of titrant used.
- Multiply the titrantion volume by 2, the TA conversion factor, results in g/L Tartaric Acid.